IMF – INTERNATIONAL METABODY FORUM
The International Metabody Forum is the platform of the Metabody project, a space of creation, meeting, exchange, research, education, dissemination and awareness generation, that takes place every year in multiple countries proposing a novel transdisciplinary format across the arts, technosciences, humanities and the social. The forum includes continuous research and developments, workshops, talks, symposiums and conferences, performances and installations, always focusing on diverse themes and developing in every city new versions of the intra-active Metatopia environments.
IMF seeks to redefine the role of the body in contemporary media culture, highlighting the importance of embodied expressions for cultural diversity, analysing the embodied material nature of information and the way media structure perception and social organisations, promoting the possibility to actively redefine such structures (ontohacking) through developing intra-/interactive environments that foster embodiment and indeterminacy, empowering citizens to recuperate public space and the body as creative modes of resistance to the ways in which current media tend to invade or erase these transforming them into control spaces.
Current edition: 2017
- Metaformance Studies – Multiplicity University:
- Conferences, symposiums, seminars, courses, workshops, both theoretical and practical, with open international and local calls in each place where the Forum takes place.
- Ontoethics and ontoecology
- MetaMedialab – Ontohacklab:
- Laboratory of research into new applications of the Metabody project, with open international and local calls in each place where the Forum takes place.
- Observatory of Diversity – studies and campaigns about the impacts and potentials of new technologies in fundamental rights, forms of governmentality, ethical implications, etc., reflected in one or more publications per year and developed in relation to the problematics of each place where the Forum takes place.
- Metatherapies – Neurodiverse ecologies
- Metatopia Environments – Metagaming:
- Intra/interactive performative environments in urban spaces or indoors, where the creative responses of the Metabody project to control technologies are tested and put into practice. In every place where the Forum takes place new site-specific versions are developed in interactions with local and international participants.
Previous editions of the forum:
Since 2013 25 forums have taken place with events in 27 cities of 18 countries involving over 2.000 professionals from the arts, sciences, humanities and social actors, and over 20.000 people audience. The Metabody project was financed by the EU between 2013 and 2016, with a network of 38 partners in 16 countries, having developed over 60 research and creation projects. The project continues, amplifying its networks and consolidating its developments through the Metabody Forum.
- Madrid – Multiplicities in Motion – Affects embodiment and the reversal of cybernetics
- Dresden – Philosophy of the Meta- Post- and Transhumanity
- Genoa – New interfaces of expressive movement
- Madrid – Open Source Space – Movement, Dance and Differently abled bodies
- Amsterdam – Crafting the Metabody: From Hands-on to Bodies-on, intra-action and transdisciplinary mappings.
IMF 2015 – Embodied Heritage and Media for Diversity: Generating Transcultural and Transdisciplinary Creation and Critique
- Weimar – Affordances of Symbiosis
- Canada and USA – Reversing Cybernetics, Queering Control
- Duke University, Durham
- Concorida University, Montreal
- NYIT, New York
- U.C.Berkeley, Berkeley and San Francisco
- Madrid – Intra-Action: XXI Century Quixotes: politics of the multisensorial body in the era of expressive homogenisation
- Paris – Metaformance: Politiques de la perception
- Colombia and Chile – ¿Decolonizando Cuerpos?
- ASAB, Bogotá
- CCE, Santiago de Chile
IMF 2016 – Metatopia/Metagaming: New creative horizons, Intra-action and the Wars of Indeterminacy and Control
- London – Performance Architectures, Wearables & Gestures of Participation.
- Amsterdam – Metabotics
- Manizales, Colombia – Ecologies of Perception
- Madrid – Posthuman Studies and Technologies of Control.
- Mexico D.F. – Towards an open ecology: disaligning violence.
- Berlín – Microsexes and Post-intimacy, alien couplings and emergent tactilities.
- São Paulo & São Carlos & Brasilia – Mobile Architectures.
- Toulouse – Metaformance-Metagaming.
- Buenos Aires & Montevideo – Metatherapies: expanded bodies, dynamic spaces and plural ecologies.
- Valparaiso – Indeterminate Architectures and Control Architectures.
- Lima – Open Bodies and Ontohacking strategies
Current edition: 2017
- Forthcoming: the publication of the agenda of forums taking place in: PERU, ARGENTINA, ECUADOR, CHILE, COLOMBIA, BRAZIL, SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY, GREECE, THE NETHERLANDS, UK, CANADA, USA, amongst others.
The forums have taken place in highly diverse and historically significant spaces of culture:
- Universities and High Schools for sciences, performing arts, visual arts, media arts:
- C Berkeley – Dance, Theatre and Performance Department
- Duke University – Slippage Lab – Dance Faculty
- Concordia University Montreal – Hexagram – Black Box
- New York Institute of Technology
- ASAB – Superior Academy of Arts of Bogotá
- Bauhaus University Weimar
- University of Genoa – Casa Paganini – InfoMus research Centre
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid – Modern History and Music Departments
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid – Philosophy Faculty
- Conservatorio Superior de Danza de Madrid
- TUDelft – Hyperbody – architecture faculty
- Brunel University – London
- UNAM – Ciudad de México – Seminario de Estudios del Cuerpo – CEIICH
- Universidad Francisco José de Caldas – Manizales – Colombia
- Universidad de Brasília – Facultad de artes
- Instituto Federal de Brasilia
- Universidad de São Paulo – São Carlos
- UNTREF – Buenos Aires – Intercambios Transorgánicos
- Theatres, arts and music centres and cultural venues such as:
- Hexagram – Montreal
- STEIM (Amsterdam) – Foundation for Electroinstrumental Music
- La Casa Encendida (Madrid) – Arts centre
- Medialab Prado (Madrid) – Media arts centre
- CCE Santiago de Chile
- Museo de Arte Contemporáneo de Bogotá
- Galeria Permanente – Bogotá
- Spektrum – Berlin
- Museo Nacional da República – Brasília,
- Galería deCurators, Brasilia
- RedBull Station São Paulo
- CCE Buenos Aires
- CCE Montevideo
- Parque Cultural de Valparaiso
- MAC – Museo de Arte Contemporáneo – Lima
- ElGalpón – Lima
- CCE Lima
- MUNTREF – Museum of the UNTREF University
- Festivals, theatres, other venues and events
- Festspielhaus Hellerau (Dresden)
- Cynetart Festival (Dresden)
- Teatro Fundadores – Manizales – Colombia
- 15º Festival Internacional de la Imagen – Manizales – Colombia
- BalanceUnbalance International Conference
- 8th Beyond Humanism Conference
- VI Bienal de Arte Contemporáneo de Fundación ONCE
- Xplore Festival – Berlin
- ReSense Festival – Berlin
- Contato – Festival Multimida Colaborativo – São Carlos – Brasil
- Nuit Européene de Chercheurs – Toulouse
- Quai des Savoirs – Toulouse
- Tecnópolis – Buenos Aires