METAHUMAN LAB – Almeria 2023
Bodynet-Khorós Lab 10
in/for the Sunseed community at Molino de Rio Aguas, Almería, 11th October 2023, 17’00-20’00
LIVEABLE FUTURES AND EARTH LIBERATION: Techniques of the body
by Jaime del Val – Reverso Association + Salvemos Mojácar y el Levante Almeriense – Bodynet-Khoros EU Project – firstname.lastname@example.org
Part of the Bodynet-Khorós EU project coordinated by Jaime del Val and Reverso association. www.bodynet-khoros.eu
Funded by the European Union – Creative Europe Programme:
At the METAHUMAN LAB we explore we ways of being in the world that may help undo the planetary catastrophe that human dominion has created over the past 10 millennia. Challenging ruthlessly all forms of oppression, non-human and human, and their underlying concepts (of species, gender, race, ability, etc.) we confront the fact that it is the totality of forms of sedentary living and its related overpopulation emerging since the rise of farming that have created the extinction cycle that drags us along all other species.
The lab onto-hacks our most deeply rooted Human Supremacist assumptions and proposes experiential practices and techniques for rediscovering a lost moving-sensing body, which is the only means to undo our toxic ways of living and regain a symbiotic relation to the Earth and its 8,7 million species. From movements exercises based on proprioception, through flexinamic structures and interactive projections, to gathering food and collaborating with animal sanctuaries, this fully vegan event wants to resonate with the significant queer-animalist-ecologist-migrant-diverse community in Skala Eressou, for transforming our ways of living and regaining the dance of life.
The Original Affluent Society theory stemming from the 1960 in anthropology tells us that gatherers hunters lived and live better than sedentary cultures, and for 99% of its history of around 300.000 we lived only like that and we were just one million population: never accumulating, with egalitarianism and respect for other life forms and the environment, moving with the earth and its flows. All modes of oppression have appeared with accumulation and our devastating occupation of the earth with farming, agriculture and cities. But the Lab, building upon Del Val’s movement philosophy suggests that it is the gradual loss of movement in the Sapiens that lies in the roots of the problem. Regaining the moving body is key.
- METAHUMAN FUTURES MANIFESTO: https://journals.tplondon.com/jp/article/view/3089
- ONTOLOGICAL THERAPIES – Questionnaire: https://metabody.eu/ontological-therapies-hst/
- Del Val, J. 2022. “Trash-Human Unhancement and Planetary Health.: Undoing the Planetary Holocaust by Reinventing Movement and the Body: A Manifesto for Cosmic Response-Ability and the Future of Life”. Journal of Posthumanism, vol. 2, no. 1, Feb. pp. 3-30, doi:10.33182/joph.v2i1.1876 https://journals.tplondon.com/jp/article/view/1876 .
- FOOD OF MASS DESTRUCTION REPORT: https://metabody.eu/1st-liveable-futures-report/
- METAHUMAN FUTURES SPECIAL ISSUE: https://journals.tplondon.com/jp/issue/view/199
o del Val, J. ., and Çağdaş Dedeoğlu. “Introduction: Metahuman Futures Forum and Ontological Therapies”. Journal of Posthumanism, vol. 3, no. 2, June 2023, pp. 85-102, doi:10.33182/joph.v3i2.3096. https://journals.tplondon.com/jp/article/view/3096
o sel Val, J. 2023. “Metahuman Studies, Choral Ontopolitics and Earth Liberation”. Journal of Posthumanism, vol. 3, no. 2, June 2023, pp. 103-24, doi:10.33182/joph.v3i2.3097. https://journals.tplondon.com/jp/article/view/3097
- For comparison with the first, the manifesto signed by 15,000 scientists from 184 countries in 2017: Ripple William J. et al. 2017., “World Scientists’ Warning to Humanity: A Second Notice”, BioScience, 67, (12) 1026–1028, https://doi.org/10.1093/biosci/bix125