METABODY FORUM 2022
¿Can we create a liveable future?
Facing the Extinction challenge
In 2022, the REVERSO association takes a new turn in its evolution with a new BODYNET-KHORÓS European Project, which proposes pioneering lines of creation and research that raise to a new threshold all the baggage accumulated in the last 10 years, with an even greater focus innovative and daring in the defense of experimental, participatory and collective creation formats, against formats based on spectacle and consumption, and in a pioneering approach to the critical reinvention of technologies and the vindication and reinvention of the body, elevating even more the critical proposal of previous years and facing the greatest challenges of humanity and the planet: the Sixth Great Mass Extinction and the imminent eco-social collapse.
BODYNET-KHORÓS is a transdisciplinary project of digital and physical artistic experimentation to reinvent the body, movement and relationships towards sustainable and plural forms of life and to restore the Health of the Planet in the Anthropocene, through the arts, technology, philosophy and the social dimension. The project proposes to address current global, ecological and social challenges in a unique, original and transversal approach that emphasizes the underestimated role of the body in movement and the need to reinvent it. These challenges will be explored along two interrelated lines: KHORÓS: focused on face-to-face interaction, and BODYNET: focused on telematic interaction. The platform to develop the project is the Metabody Forum.
Under the title “Can we create a livable Future? Facing the Extinction Challenge” Forum 2022 aims to investigate the role of art and the body for a complete reinvention of sensibility and vital techniques towards a profound change in the dominant ways of living. From the recovery of the lost sense of proprioception to vegan harvesting techniques, going through the reinvention of our relationship with mechanical and digital technologies or the criticism of humanistic supremacism and overpopulation, the Forum is based on the experience of Reverso in the preceding 20 years to open an unprecedented horizon of unmitigated criticism of the dominant model since the emergence of agriculture, and of total reinvention of ways of life, and proposes to do so from the body in motion.
- Bodynet-Khoros (Metaformance & Ontohacklabs) – NEW EU PROJECT
- Physical events:
- FORUM & LAB 1: 22nd to 28th August in Zorita de la Frontera, Salamanca, España
- LAB 2: 25th September to 2nd October, in Mytilene and Skala Eressos, Lesvos, Grecia
- FORUM 2 & LAB 3: 3rd to 7th October and 24th to 30th October in Toulouse, France and Dresden, Germany (with telematic connnection between them) – more information soon.
- LAB 4: 22 November, Madrid – more information soon.
- Physical events:
- Metahuman Futures Forum (Multiversity)
- New PLANETARY HEALTH INTITUTE
- 1st METAHUMAN FUTURES FORUM ONLINE
- Telematic Conference and workshop with Colombia – Festival Universitario de Danza Contemporánea:
- Symposium at U.C.Berkeley – CRITICAL DATA FUTURES – https://htf.berkeley.edu/ – 18th March:
Session 2: Aesthetics of Control with Karen Nakamura, Jaime de Val, and Lisa Wymore (curation: Lisa Wymore) – Imagining virtual/digital spaces as participatory and performative environments that center diversity of bodily expression and radical embodiment. Can we explore unquantifiable bodies within the metaverse instead of reducing our humanity to traceable information patterns? What if we imagined technologies that allow for more indeterminacy of expressions and movements rather than erasing or reducing them? –
NEW Centre: Salamanca – INAUGURATION – https://metabody.eu/es/casa-de-la-libertad/
production and techniques
residencies, workshops and retreats – ontotherapy
- Sevilla – Congress & working group
- Madrid – UCM – CURSO (POSPUESTO)
- Sesión 1: TRASH-HUMANISMO Y EXTINCIÓN (El Algoriceno)
- Sesión 2: METAHUMANISMO Y SALUD PLANETARIA (El Metacuerpo)
- Open air Space: Almeria and nomadic
- Barraca – metaformance
- UCM, U. Salamanca
- U. Valladolid, Esmuc, U. Granada
- see here
- videos-films, photogaphy, online archives
- music recordings
- New projects: KHOROS-BODYNET & METAHUMANITIES – EXTINCTION STUDIES
- Centre and spaces for more regular activities (see https://metabody.eu/centre/),
- Online activities
- Forums iterating in transdisciplinary formats involving workshops, metaformances and conferences, in collaboration with different types of institutions, collectives or informal spaces, from universities to refugee camps (see https://metabody.eu/forum/),
- of metaworkshops/ontohacklabs, with increasingly deep cohabitation exploring choral practices, proprioception, ontohacking and the theory (see for instance https://metabody.eu/khoros-dresden-2021/),
- of a multiversity focusing on theory, conferences and publications, as integral part of the forums (see https://metabody.eu/metaformance-studies/),
- NEW METAHUMANISTIES FORUMS
- EXTINCTION STUDIES PROGRAMME
- INSTITUTE FOR PLANETARY HEALTH
- metaformances, environments and improvisatory actions or disaligments mainly as a daily practice, occasionally as (onto)therapy, but also as a politics (see https://metabody.eu/disalignments/,