INTERUNIVERSITY NETWORK OF EMERGING SPACE ONTOLOGIES
The Metabody Institute and the Reverso Association, through the Metamedialab / Ontohacklab, the University of Multiplicity and the Metabody Forum, promote an interuniversity network, laboratory and transdisciplinary research and creation node under the name of META-ARQUITECTURES: INTER-DIVERSITY NETWORK OF EMERGING SPACE ONTOLOGIES.
Meta-architectures are ways of organizing perception, meta-media that can traverse infinite other media and architectures, from the space of the city to digital architectures, to the design of interfaces and affordances and relational objects of all kinds, to verbal and non-verbal relations between bodies.
Meta-architectures proposes a triple critical analysis:
- of redefinition of space at ontological level, questioning predominant models, such as the Cartesian model, and the critical analysis of some prevailing meta-media, such as Renaissance perspective, and its dominant perceptual ecologies,
- of transversal reflection on the production of space, from the city to digital culture, cognitive and communication architectures, the design of interfaces and objects, the design of behaviors and the culture of control
- of critical approach to notions of creative city or intelligent city, from the point of view of the metamedia that articulate them
And a triple proposal of experimentation:
- of creative strategies of disalignment from dominant meta-architectures
- of exploration and valuing of other minority perceptual ecologies, with neurodiverses, indigenous cultures, among others,
- of creative invention of new meta-architectures or open perceptual ecologies
Who conforms the network:
- coordinated by the Metabody Institute / A.T.Reverso and its Multiversity, with the indirect participation of the entire network of universities of the Metabody project.
The network proposes:
- Interuniversity network in Madrid and on a global scale through the Metabody Forum / University of Multiplicity
- development of research and creation projects
- organization of symposia, meetings and publications
- interventions in urban and interior spaces in Madrid other cities and rural environments
Among transversal issues are included:
- architecture as movement and behavioral design
- open design of physical spaces and digital non-Cartesian, non-perspectival space
- metagaming and metatopias: non-Cartesian digital spaces of indetermination
- emerging sound and multisensory spaces
- neurodiverse architecture: exploration of non-functional cognitive environments and exploration of the opening of functional environments – work with people with functional diversity and neurodiversity, and other communities, putting value on minority perceptual ecologies.
- flexinámics construction techniques and interventions in spaces and perceptions
- wearable architecture and the limits of design, metadresses, metafurniture, metaobjects and antiobjects.
- proprioceptive space vs. algorithmic space